NYCC VISTA Open Space
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Handbook Organization and Ideas

2 posters

Go down

Handbook Organization and Ideas Empty Handbook Organization and Ideas

Post  nikkinephew Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:15 am

I'm working on creating a handbook directed at community agencies about how to establish a partnership with the college and what options they have, etc.
I've been told not to try to reinvent the wheel so I've found a few handbook examples and with their help I've been able to take ideas and create a pretty decent outline of the handbook thus far. Even though it doesn't look too shabby right now I was wonder if any of you had any handbook resources available to you that could look into? I'm always up for seeing how other organized their handbook, and what topics they have because I'm sure I probably missed some!
I'd really appreciate anything you could send my way.
nephewnm@potsdam.edu

Thanks!
nikkinephew
nikkinephew

Back to top Go down

Handbook Organization and Ideas Empty handbook thoughts

Post  LucyHannington Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:30 pm

I'm working on more of a training manual than a handbook, but I've found that the most crucial thing is to be ultra organized. Have a table of contents and an index so that it's easy for the readers to find exactly what they're looking for. Also, try to refrain from using too much jargon, and should you need to, just make sure it's clearly defined. Nothing is a bigger turn off to a potential participant than the lost feeling that comes from a failure to communicate.

LucyHannington

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum